Sip for Peace 2022
By Babette Donaldson
I’ve never met anyone who did not want world peace. And most of us would like to believe that it is possible. But, is mankind capable of sharing the planet without conflict. Without competition. Without fighting. Without war. Will we ever live in peace? And, if so, how do we create something that no one alive has every experienced?
Since my hippie days of the ’60s, it actually seems more difficult to hold that belief. But I do. I choose to believe that peace on earth is our future, even though I do not expect to see it in my lifetime. Perhaps not even in the lifetime of my children or grandchildren. But I hold a place in my heart for that faith. And I created a tea meditation practice to support and nurture that belief. That vision. I invite you to share it with me as we expand what we’ve done in the past.
What is Sip for Peace 2022?
In the lyrics of the song, “Let There Be Peace On Earth”, is the key phrase, “. . . let it begin with me.” In the face of so much fear that has become part of our daily lives, we dedicate weekly virtual sip-ins to finding our own personal peace as imagine a different future … with tea. Weekly Zoom meetings are open to all. Each week, we will honor one of the teachers of peace with quotes by which we remember them and some stories of their lives. With some of the resources we provide, you can continue the practice during the week and share with friends.
- Sunday Zoom Calls – Register for updates.
- Monthly Recap Posts – At the end of every month, the 4-5 Sip-Ins will be published on a T Ching post.
- Download Weekly PDF – A page you can print includes an image of the week’s peace teacher, short notes about their lives, links to online resources you can use, an imagine card you can use as a prompt for visualizing a different world
- Download Imagine Cards – Each month’s 4-5 Imagine Cards are grouped on a single page.
- How to Sip-In Booklet – if this practice is meaningful to you, our booklet can help you create your own unique practice.
Some of Our Teachers and Mentors for World Peace
Visit the Gallery; We’re building it week-by-week.
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Thicht Nhat Hahn
- Dwight Eisnehower
- Peace Pilgrim
- John Lennon
- Alan Watts
- Hildigard Bingham
- Mr. Rogers
- Dalai Lama
- Ann Frank
- Jimmy Carter
- John Kennedy
- Martin Luther King
- Thomas Merton
- Ban Ki-moon
- Eleanor Roosevelt
- Margaret Mead
- Helen Keller
- Desmond Tutu
These are just a few of the people we will honor as teachers of peace. If you would like to add someone to the list and/or would like to present the remembrance portion of a Sip-In, pleace contact me at: [email protected]