Wednesday May 1, 2019 | 0 comments
Continued from How To Brew Japanese Green Tea in a Keurig Machine – Part 1
JAPANESE GREEN TEA LOVERS HAVE A BREWING OPTION FROM KEURIG
While we’re talking about Keurig brewing, I thought I would give a quick review on one of the most popular Keurig small pod products you can find on Amazon. The Keurig product is the “Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker K-Cup Pod”.
The Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker K-Cup Pod has been crafted to exhibit some very good features that are relevant to green tea lovers. Although there are many small pod brewers on the market, the one I am featuring happens to have been given the BestReviews (found on Amazon site) editorial recommendation as “Best of the Best” in the category of best pod coffee maker overall.
A helpful review on this product reveals the following highlights.
- It has 3 brew cycle sizes: 6-ounce, 8-ounce, and 10-ounce.
- It has a 48-ounce water reservoir.
- It has a removable water reservoir for ease of replenishing.
- It has easy button controls.
- It has a quick brew cycle of less than one minute.
- It has a descaling option to keep calcium deposits from building up with video how-to’s.
- It has an optional programmable safety shut-off after 2 hours.
Here is some relevant information on the Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker K-Cup Pod for brewing each tasty cup of Japanese green tea:
Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker K-Cup Pod Specifications:
Product Manufacturer: Keurig.
Product Size: 48 ounce water reservoir
Product Color: Black
Product Dimensions: 13.3” H x 10.1” W x 13.2” D
Product Weight: 12.0 pounds
Product Model Number: K-Classic
ASIN Number: B018UQ5AMS
Amazon Price: $88.83
CUSTOMERS HAVE HAD GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH KEURIG K-CLASSIC COFFEE MAKER K-CUP POD
I reviewed many of the product reviews found on Amazon (over 9200, so I didn’t get through all of them). Ultimately, it has been Amazon’s #1 Best Seller with overall favorability of 77%. Many of you like to see the ratings, so I’m listing them below:
5 star – 62%
4 star – 10%
3 star – 5%
2 star – 5%
1 star – 18%
Most consumers were pleased with the Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker K-Cup Pod were pleasing. Here are some of the positive comments on the product I uncovered:
- Customers liked that it is very easy to use with simple button controls.
- Customers liked the taste of the brewing.
- Customers liked that the water temperature is 190°F, so it is very close to the correct temperature for perfect steeping of Japanese green tea brewing of 175°F (80°C).
- Customers liked the water reservoir being large at 48 ounces.
- Customers liked that the water reservoir can be filled at the refrigerator filter.
- Customers liked the easily removed water reservoir and drip tray for cleaning.
- Customers liked the automatic shut off option.
- Customers liked the ability to use the product for tea or coffee or hot cocoa.
There were some negative comments about the Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker K-Cup Pod that are relevant. Here are some of the negative comments on the product I uncovered:
- Customers complained that the piercing needle can become plugged, so requires monthly cleaning to keep the machine functioning well.
- Customers disliked the noise when heating water in the reservoir.
- Customers disliked mineral build-up requiring frequent descaling.
- Customers disliked the large size of the product.
- Customers disliked the price of the product.
WE LOVE THE OPTION OF ANOTHER BREWING METHOD
So, thanks to Keurig, Japanese green tea lovers now have another wonderful option to brew their favorite healthy beverage anytime. Try it and tweak it to your personal taste. Those that have used the Keurig to brew their green tea sencha have been delightfully surprised at the quality of the taste.
Author, Kei Nishida, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program and uses product images with permission