Continued from OXO Tea Kettle Review – Part 1
JAPANESE GREEN TEA LOVERS WILL LOVE THE FEATURES OF OXO
The OXO BREW Cordless Glass Electric Kettle has some very good features. There are a few products marketed like the OXO BREW Cordless Glass Electric Kettle for hot brewing their Japanese green tea. Most of the competitors offer their product with a stainless-steel body.
Following are more highlights about this tea kettle.
- It is versatile in that it allows you to exactly set different temperatures. The OXO lets you set the brewing temperature for different teas such as green, white, herbal, black, and oolong. It also can be used for pour-over coffee.
- It has a large 1.75-liter kettle capacity.
- The glass kettle boils quickly, and heated water can be maintained for up to 30 minutes.
- The OXO temperature memory recalls your preferred heating temperature.
- The temperature function makes choosing your heating temperature easy to use, and between Fahrenheit and Celsius temperatures.
- An audible signal alerts when proper temperature is reached.
- Thermal shock-resistant glass provides easy viewing and safety for the user.
- The kettle is cord-free for easy maneuverability.
- The stay-cool handle is also non-slip and comfortable to grip.
- Ample lid opening to release steam.
- The stainless steel mesh filter is reusable, removable, functional, and easy to clean.
Here is some relevant information on the OXO BREW Cordless Glass Electric Kettle product for brewing tasty Japanese green tea:
OXO Product Specifications:
- Product Manufacturer: OXO
- Product Size: 1.7 Liter
- Product Color: Glass body
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 8 x 12.5 inches
- Product Weight: 4.0 lbs. / 5.0 lbs. shipping
- Product Model Number: 8716900
- ASIN Number: B01KTRDKNW
- Amazon Price: $159.99
CUSTOMERS HAVE HAD GOOD EXPERIENCES WITH THE OXO
When I select products, I enjoy reading product reviews found on Amazon. Most customer reviews were very favorable about the OXO, with the product receiving an overall favorable rating of about 84%. The following are the ratings I reviewed for you:
5 star – 62%
4 star – 14%
3 star – 8%
2 star – 5%
1 star – 11%
Most comments about the OXO BREW Cordless Glass Electric Kettle were favorable. Here are some of the positive comments on the product I uncovered:
- Customers liked the convenient temperature controls.
- Customers liked the temperature memory.
- Customers liked the ease of use.
- Customers liked the ease of cleaning.
- Customers liked the automatic “keep warm” feature for 30 minutes.
- Customers liked the easily removed mechanical filter for cleaning.
- Customers liked the easy switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- Customers liked the glass container size.
- Customers liked the lack of mineral build-up from boiling water.
- Customers liked the easy comfort handle that stays cool to the touch.
- Customers liked the fast heating of water.
- Customers liked the ability to use the product for tea or coffee.
Only a few negative comments about the OXO were made. Here are some of the negative comments on the product I uncovered:
- Customers disliked that the item was pricey compared to many other kettles.
- Customers disliked that the rim design does not allow all the water or tea to be extracted at the very end of pouring.
- Customers disliked that the product is not easy to clean leaving water residue. (Though I found that keeping the lid open after turning off usually evaporates the water so that it always looks clean – I don’t put anything other than water in the kettle so it stays clean)
- Customers disliked mineral build-up if using hard water.
- Customers disliked the glass container size – too big and heavy.
- Customers disliked the time it takes to heat the water.
What Other Product Compare to the OXO Tea Kettle?
An internet search uncovered some electric tea kettles comparable to the OXO Electric Tea Kettle. What we looked for are those kettles with an adjustable temperature control intended for the proper brewing of different teas. Here we provide a list of similar products. The prices are average Amazon
Do you have a favorite teapot you use for brewing your Japanese green tea? Please comment below and tell me about your favorite and why. I’m curious.
Author, Kei Nishida, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program and uses product images with permission