Matcha green tea powder is one of the healthiest beverages in the world- it’s rich with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and nutrients. Matcha green tea powder helps boost your immune system in five surprising ways, from helping you ward off the flu this Winter to reducing inflammation!
Immune System Boost 1: Matcha Green Tea Powder Fights the Flu
Matcha green tea powder’s high antioxidant content, particularly Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG) assists your body’s production of T-Cells which reduce inflammation and fight pathogens. This makes matcha green tea powder a great immune system booster during the Winter flu season!
Immune System Boost 2: Matcha Naturally Detoxifies
Matcha is a powerhouse of chlorophyll (where the vibrant green comes from!) due to the unique shading process the tea plants undergo. As a result, matcha helps detoxify the body of harmful chemicals, toxins and heavy metals.
Immune System Boost 3: Matcha Kills Bacteria
Matcha contains a high level of both flavonoids and antioxidants which form a powerful anti-bacterial defense force! The flavonoids will eliminate bad breath, kill off bacteria from viruses/infections while the flavonoids are perfect for soothing a sore throat!
Immune System Boost 4: Matcha Reduces Inflammation
Matcha green tea powder can help reduce inflammation and arthritis pain because of its active ingredient EGCG, which is a powerful antioxidant that works to stop the production of certain inflammatory chemicals in the body. Matcha contains a much higher level of EGCG compared to standard green tea bags making it the perfect immune system boosting drink.
So where can you find matcha green tea powder? It’s critical that you buy high quality matcha green tea in order to gain the full health benefits. Zen Green Tea is my own company which sources premium quality Japanese matcha green tea powder with the full health benefits.
Starting to feel the flu? Try making this Matcha, Ginger Immunity Tea Recipe
Ingredients – Makes 4 cups
- 1 teaspoon Zen Green Tea Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Ginger
- 1/2 Squeezed lime
- ½ teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- In a medium sauce pan bring 6 cups of water and all ingredients excluding the matcha green tea powder to the boil.
- Cover with a lid and boil the tea for 15 minutes
- Strain the tea into a pot.
- Dissolve the matcha green tea powder into one tablespoon of hot water- ensuring you dissolve any lumps.
- Add the matcha green tea powder to the pot of tea, and stir.
- Serve immediately. You can keep any left over in the fridge to drink cold or heat up again.