Brookhaven, MS – The US League of Tea Growers (USLTG) is excited to announce we will begin accepting members in April 2015! There are a number of levels to meet membership needs, and by becoming a member you are providing the much needed funds to assist in the mission of the league:
- We actively encourage the growing and production of high value specialty teas within the USA, promote farmer collaboration, and encourage new growers.
- We represent tea farmers and their views with the US Tea Council and the International Tea Committee.
- We stimulate machinery and systems development by academia or commercial companies to enable high technology agronomy and harvesting and to produce best-method handbooks of proven practical advice on growing, harvesting and processing of tea.
There will be four (4) membership levels available. The Founder’s level of membership ($1000) is available until March 31, 2017. A Small Grower is a Full member, growing 25 plants or more, with voice and vote within the league, and is board eligible. The annual membership fee is $100.00 and the grower must reside and grow tea in the United States. Once a member grows one acre or more of tea plants, they will be considered a Large Grower. Large Growers are Full members, with voice and vote within the league, and is board eligible. The annual membership fee is $250.00 and the grower must reside and grow tea in the United States. In recognition of the many retailers, international growers, hobbyists, and supporters that have cheered us along on this journey, a Supplier is an Associate member, with a voice, but no vote within the league. The annual membership fee is $25.00 and these members can reside outside the United States.
For more information about the USLTG membership drive, please visit teagrowers.com and click on the “Become a Member” badge OR contact Josephie Dean Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The US League of Tea Growers (“USLTG”), formed in 2013 by Nigel Melican, of Teacraft, Ltd., and Jason McDonald, of The Great Mississippi Tea Company, is a professional group promoting and educating tea growers (only 25 plants needed for a small grower) in the United States.
- Website: www.usteagrowers.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/usltg
- Twitter: @USgrowntea
Naomi Rosen is an advocate for US Grown Tea; you can find her at Joy’s Teaspoon.